Thank you for taking part in the Push for Change School Program. Our goal is to reach youth in the classroom and leave them feeling educated, empowered, inspired and engaged!
IN THIS ZIP FILE (click to download), you will find the following resources to help facilitate a discussion regarding youth homelessness with your classroom:
- “What is the Push for Change?” Introductory Video, 3 min (click to watch)
- “Where is Joe?” Update from the Road video, 3 min (click to watch)
- PFC Student worksheets (click to view)
- PFC Student-friendly fact sheets (click to view)
- “We Need You!” Challenge video, 4 min (click to watch)
- PFC Fundraising for The Upstream Project (click to view)
OUR SCHOOL PROGRAM IS EASY TO USE! START TODAY!
- Show your classroom the first two videos to introduce the Push for Change.
- Using our resources PFC Student worksheets and PFC Student-friendly fact sheets, facilitate a classroom conversation discussing the definition of youth homelessness; what they think it is vs. the official definition.
- Watch the final video, “We Need you!”
- Brainstorm a fundraising idea with your class. We encourage you to set a fundraising goal, challenge other classrooms and/or schools, and get creative! Use our resource PFC Fundraising for The Upstream Project
Break your class into groups for smaller discussions. A great way to cover several different aspects of the Push for Change in a shorter amount of time.